Pokémon Crystal Version
Pokémon Crystal Variation is the third as well as last Generation II core collection ready Game Boy Color. It was launched as a singular variation to Pokémon Gold and Silver, which were launched one year prior to. It was launched in Japan on December 14, 2000, in The United States And Canada on July 29, 2001, as well as in Europe on November 2, 2001.
It included different solutions and some brand-new enhancements, most notably the intro of the alternative to play as a woman. It occurs approximately Johto like Gold and Silver, with access to Kanto granted later on in the video game, with the gamer's beginning town being New Bark Town.
The Japanese variation had far more brand-new features, all pertaining to a mobile phone-related connecting modern technology useful via the Pokémon Mobile System GB when connecting a Mobile Video game Young Boy Adapter to a Game Boy Shade or Video Game Young boy Development (original or SP).
The video game was released on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console on January 26, 2018.
The player is contacted us to Professor Elm's laboratory to run an errand. He provides the player with among 3 Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile to help them reach Mr. pokemon crystal rom home. The gamer meets Kanto's own Professor Oak during the errand for Elm. Oak, encouraged that the gamer has actually started their very own Pokémon trip, gives them a Pokédex. En route back, the player is assaulted by a spiteful and mysterious Pokémon Fitness instructor. Upon the player's return to New Bark Community, they are informed that someone has gotten into Professor Elm's laboratory as well as has taken a Pokémon, the exact same Pokémon that the Trainer from earlier battled with (the Pokémon that the player's starter is weak versus); even more so, that similar Instructor fits the description of the Pokémon burglar. This Fitness instructor will become the gamer's opponent for the program of the game, having a number of conflicts with the player regarding what it means to be the globe's greatest Pokémon Instructor.
Team Rocket has returned with a new attitude, since the loss of their leader Giovanni, and also once again tries to take over the globe, starting with the Johto area. They start with petty points (such as cutting off the tails of Slowpoke to sell as food for a high cost) before becoming much more sneaky, such as a strategy to make use of radio frequencies to unnaturally cause advancement in some Pokémon at the Lake of Rage near Mahogany community. When the player beats or records the Red Gyarados rampaging in the lake, Lance will certainly arrive and also praise the gamer for their fighting and also requests that the gamer assist him locate the resource of the radio signals. When the gamer returns to Mahogany town as well as gets in the Souvenir Store, they will certainly discover Lance and his Dragonite threatening the man in the shop. A secret door will open up to the Rocket base, which was exposed by a Rocket Grunt to be an old ninja hideout. After the gamer defeats the Rocket Executive discovered in the hideout, Lance asks the player to assist him knock senseless the Electrode powering the device generating the radio waves.
After finishing this job, Lance thanks the gamer and gives them the HM Whirlpool. After the gamer beats Pryce – the leader of Mahogany Health club – Professor Elm will call the gamer and also tell them about unusual broadcasts from the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City. When the player gets to Goldenrod City, it is revealed that Team Rocket has taken control of the Radio Tower, their intent being to try to call their absent leader, Giovanni, and also encourage him to return to Team Rocket. Likewise, the Director of the Goldenrod terminal has actually been abducted and replaced by an impostor. After the player beats the impostor, he will certainly tell them the area of the actual Supervisor. When the gamer releases the real Supervisor, he will provide the gamer the Card Key, which unlocks on 3F of the Radio Tower as well as results in the Rocket Exec presently accountable of the group. The player defeats the exec as well as Group Rocket officially disbands momentarily time. The Supervisor rewards the player with a Clear Bell.
Throughout the journey, the gamer will certainly also encounter Suicune, a Legendary Pokémon that goes across Johto after the player stirs up the three Fabulous beasts from their rest at the Melted Tower. Unlike Raikou as well as Entei, Suicune takes notice of the player; similarly, Eusine shows rate of interest in Suicune, having actually sought it for ten years and also ultimately seeing it thanks to the player. As Eusine challenges the player to a fight near Cianwood City, it becomes clear that Eusine wants to gain Suicune's respect so that he can learn what it is that it cares for. However, it is when the player is delegated with the Clear Bell that the Wise Triad permit them to go into the Tin Tower, where Suicune has actually gotten here to put them to the examination. Later in the story, after the player has actually shown their ability to touch the hearts of Pokémon by capturing all 3 of the Fabulous monsters, Ho-Oh returns to the Tin Tower after 150 years of testing human beings from afar.
As in all previous video games, the primary goal of the player is to beat all the Gym Leaders of Johto, win all 8 Badges, and also take on the Elite 4 and also the current Pokémon Organization Champion. Later, the player will certainly be able to travel to the area of Kanto and also handle the Kanto Gym Leaders for their Badges. After winning all 8 Badges, Professor Oak will certainly offer the gamer permission to visit Mt. Silver and also encounter the protagonist from Generation I, Red.
The most up to date in the Gold & Silver series!
Travel back to the globe of Johto as the Gold & Silver series proceeds with brand-new attributes! Whether you're reading the fresh summaries in your Pokédex, utilizing the one-of-a-kind sort function to organize your Pokémon in brand-new ways, watching the brand new battle computer animations, or uncovering one more way to record Suicune, you'll need all of your Poké-skills to master Pokémon Crystal on your Video Game Kid Color!
- Open the secrets of the Unown! All-new challenges and rewards await you in the Damages of Alph!
- Fight through the Fight Tower, a challenging tournament including Johto's best fitness instructors!
- For the first time, play as a male or female trainer!
- Trade with Gold, Silver, Red, Blue, and Yellow variations to capture 'em all!
- Suitable with Pokémon Arena 2 for the Nintendo 64!
- Adjustments from Pokémon Gold and Silver
- A women gamer personality, Kris, is introduced, marking the very first time gamers can pick the gender of their personality. The choice is simply visual and also does not impact gameplay or the tale. The gamer sprite for Kris is blue as opposed to red.
- When going into an area, its name is displayed on-screen. This attribute is carried forward in all subsequent games.
- A number of areas have had their graphics modified:
- The Bellsprout statues in Sprout Tower are currently beige instead of gold.
- The Goldenrod Game Corner and also Celadon Game Edge are both upgraded with a different color design and a brand-new style for the one-armed bandit.
- The Goldenrod Radio Tower has a discreetly various color scheme, as well as the second floor has actually been greatly revamped with the enhancement of Buena's studio as well as brand-new furnishings.
- The pond in National forest currently has a water fountain in the center, and a drinking fountain is added beside the benches in the south of the park.
- The Burned Tower appears as a visibly burnt-out structure on the outside. The inside is currently dark and also has a various design.
- The exterior of the Glitter Lighthouse has changed, with a new window design at the top making it a lot more distinctly resemble a lighthouse.
- The Ice Course is upgraded with a bright blue ice-like look. Several of the problems within have additionally been modified.
- Lance's room at the Indigo Plateau now has a draconic appearance, with the common statuaries in the room being replaced with Dratini statues.
- The dining establishments in Olivine City, Celadon City, and Fuchsia City feature a brand-new style with a various color scheme.
- In the Celadon Estate, there is an Easter agitate the best side of the stairs that leads up from the roof's entrance/exit. Interacting with this wall surface produces the text "There's graffiti on the wall … added a moustache!"
- Pokémon sprites are now animated.
- Pokémon sprites have actually been upgraded:
- Front sprites for every single Pokémon now play a brief computer animation upon going into fight as well as a much longer one when the Pokémon's account is seen. This function wasn't continued once again till Pokémon Emerald.
- While the majority of the Pokémon preserve their sprites from either Silver or gold, specific Pokémon, such as Houndoom and Croconaw, were provided brand-new ones. This includes some Pokémon who had identical sprites in both Silver and gold, like Sneasel and also Suicune.
- The W Unown was redesigned, and also its new style is utilized in all subsequent video games.
- A few Pokémon, such as Spinarak, Magnemite as well as Sneasel, were recolored to more carefully match their official artwork.
- Numerous of the Pokémon that were redrawn have different back sprites.
- Certain Trainers have different dialogue to Gold and Silver.
- Raikou, Entei, as well as Suicune have their very own one-of-a-kind fight theme when the gamer encounters them in the wild, making Crystal the first video game to sport special Epic Pokémon fight music.
- The interface utilized during Video game Link Cord trades was redesigned. Gold and Silver utilized an easy black on white trading user interface that corresponded the one used in the Generation I video games, mainly to preserve compatibility with older Game Kid systems. In Crystal, the menus were revamped with complete shade on a black history, a design which better matches the abilities of the Video game Child Color.
- Lawn is now present on the eastern side of Path 36, west of Violet City. In this lawn, Growlithe can be captured, enabling players to obtain a Fire-type Pokémon much earlier than in other versions (thinking they did not choose Cyndaquil), and making a big distinction in the schedule of Fire-types for areas like the Azalea Fitness Center as well as the Sprout Tower, where Fire-types are extremely efficient.
- Similar to in the Japanese Pokémon Blue and all releases of Pokémon Yellow, changes are made to available wild Pokémon:
- Numerous Pokémon that were unique to either Silver or gold, like Gligar and also Skarmory, can be located in Crystal. But specific species that were available in both variations, like the Mareep family, are not readily available in Crystal.
- Sneasel appears in the Ice Course, whereas in Silver and gold it can only be discovered in Mt. Silver.
- Magmar can no more be located in the Burned Tower, rather appearing specifically in Mt. Silver.
- A few of the wild Pokémon that show up in Kanto have actually been altered.
- Mass break outs can now just occur with among three Pokémon instead of among 7. Tauros, Marill as well as Snubbull are currently quickly available in the wild, and also the latter was moved.
- Some Pokémon that are readily available at all times of the day in Silver and gold, like Smeargle or Tauros, are currently simply diurnal or nighttime.
- Some fitness instructor positionings in the overworld have actually been changed.
- A number of new Trainers have actually been included, a few of which can only be battled when specific conditions are satisfied. As an example, Pokéfan Jaime on Path 39 can only be fought in the evening. A few of these new trainers will not secure eyes with the gamer, and also when spoken with will not play the "encounter" songs prior to taking part in fight.
- The Goldenrod Chain store includes a brand-new roof area. Sales are periodically held right here, which the player is educated about if Camper Todd's number is signed up in the Pokégear.
- The Flower store in Goldenrod City has been transferred somewhat better from the major road and also embellished with flowers, making it attract attention from the surrounding structures.
- A Battle Tower, the first in the collection, is currently present to the north of Path 40.
- Cianwood City has actually been slightly broadened further northwards, with the addition of the Poké Seer's residence and a tiny ledge.
- The design of Mt. Mortar is dramatically various contrasted to Silver and gold.
- The Dragon's Den has actually gotten a number of modifications: the Dragon Temple can be gone into, some Headbutt trees are added directly behind Temple, and the Den itself is now inhabited with instructors.
- Ho-Oh as well as Lugia can only be captured after finishing the video game and reaching Kanto. They are both at degree 60.
- Ho-Oh can be caught after Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are all captured and Eusine is talked to in Celadon City.
- Lugia can be captured after getting the Silver Fly Pewter City, like in Pokémon Gold.
- Modifications have been made to the Damages of Alph. This consists of more typical Unown, as well as a brand-new subplot– completing sufficient puzzles enables the gamer to check out a secret message left behind by the Unown. It suggests that the Unown were left behind by the old civilization that created the Damages of Alph, which the statuaries that line the inside were made by those individuals.
- Trainers that call the player on the cell phone now have distinctive characters (one speak about buying, an additional about grooming etc.), as well as require factors apart from fighting, such as giving the gamer products, or notifying them of an unusual Pokémon showing up (Wade offers the player Berries, Alan gives them a Fire Rock, and so on). In Silver and gold they all say the exact same phrase, with only the names of the Pokémon they reference transforming.
- A brand-new radio show, Buena's Password, has actually been added. Players can pay attention out for a password on their Pokégear radio and also tell Buena the password to obtain points, which can be spent to redeem prizes.
- The function to reset the clock in non-Japanese as well as non-Korean variations of Gold and Silver remains, although it is now harder to access.
- On the title screen, the gamer should first hold the ↓, SELECT, and B switches.
- While holding SELECT, they must launch ↓ and also B.
- Still holding SELECT, they should currently hold ← as well as ↑.
- Lastly, the player needs to launch SELECT.
- Kurt can now make multiple Rounds from same colored Apricorns all at once.
- The Odd Egg can be acquired from the Day-Care Guy after speaking to him for the first time.
- 15 Pokémon have actually transformed level-up movesets; nonetheless, all except Suicune only have a solitary change.
- Some bugs with the battle auto mechanics were taken care of; nonetheless, the game carries out a check when it spots a Web link battle to make use of the older and also buggy technicians in order to maintain compatibility with Pokémon Gold and Silver. This happens even in between connected players of Pokémon Crystal games.
- Likewise, the game also carries out a check that partially transforms Kris into Ethan at the Wire Club and also Time Capsule areas, even if all the players using the Cord Club rooms are specifically playing Pokémon Crystal.
A Pokémon's friendship can be enhanced better by training in the exact same location where the Pokémon has actually been caught or hatched out.